Friday, November 13, 2009

Leg one, portion one... complete

I have made it to Doha. Safe and sound and on base. It is strange how quickly it was all familiar again. The airport seemed a little different, I swear I came in a different door last time or something. I find it odd that there is no customs form to fill out at Doha.
Once we were on the road and heading to the base, it became familiar again. The crazy traffic circles, the crazy speeds, and then the dark stretch of road where the Third Country Nationals (TCNs) live. There are no street lights, cars driving by at very very quick speeds, and these poor TCNs running across the road to get from their housing to the shops they shop at. Apparently, accidents happen often. And its not the drivers who get hurt.

Otherwise, I have the "tent" to myself and may be on the road (in the air?) again very soon...

More to follow.

Be well, hydrate, and don't forget to breathe deeply.

I

2 comments:

l.v.b. said...

Be sure & take your excellent advice, mate! Hugs from the middle US..

Lyla and Mike said...

I hope you've gotten to catch up to the time zone. Happy travels to Baghdad! We miss you!